The overall purpose of this workshop is to feel confident practicing the beauty of Watercolor Lettering & Simple Blending + Painting (leaves, roses, etc.) at home using all the information and tools given.
During this 3 hour workshop, Shelly Kim of Letters by Shells will not only teach you basics of watercolor lettering and painting, but the following topics will also be covered:
- Ways to hold your watercolor brush
- Techniques and Basics of Watercolors (blending, wet on wet technique, etc.)
- Understanding how to use the pigments
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between watercolor paper/textures
- Common practice drills for watercolors
- Connecting Letters
- Understanding the different styles that can be achieved
- Doodles such as watercolor leaves, veggies (painting carrots) and roses will be discussed also
As a class, we will also be able to practice both uppercase and lowercase alphabet by breaking down the connections to each letter in a word. Frequently asked questions will also be reviewed throughout the workshop together!
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Watercolor Set: Watercolor Pigments + Watercolor Paper (different types)
- How to Get started Mini Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, practice worksheets, and tips and techniques on painting (rose, leaves, carrots)
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- An exclusive motivational @lettersbyshells tote bag to carry all the materials home
- Lifetime access to digital downloads, practice sheets, facebook group for support, questions, and lifetime guidance from Shelly
This workshop is all about being positive and having fun while learning the beauty of Watercolor Lettering & Techniques! Shelly has tailored this workshop for you all to not only learn a new hobby, but also be able to discover your own creative side!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy, lettering or painting. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*
Please enroll by 10/10 to ensure your spot in the workshop!
Please check out our cancellation policy here!